Best Western International, Inc.’s
Michael Waltrip Vacation +1 Contest
No Purchase Necessary to Enter or Win
A purchase will not increase your chance of winning
Void where prohibited by law
1. ELIGIBILITY: Best Western International, Inc.’s (“Sponsor”) Michael Waltrip Vacation +1 Contest (“Contest”) is open only to residents of the 50 United States (including the District of Columbia) who are 18 years of age or older as of July 15, 2013 (“Eligible Participant(s)”). Employees of Sponsor, of Sponsor’s member properties, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, and promotional partners, and of Michael Waltrip Racing, together with those with whom such employees are domiciled, are not eligible to enter. This Contest is void wherever prohibited or restricted by law. This Contest is further subject to all federal, state, local, provincial, and municipal laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and to be bound by Sponsor’s decisions, which shall be final.
2. HOW TO ENTER: Contest begins at 8:00:00 a.m. Mountain Standard Time (“MST”) on July 15, 2013, and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. MST on August 18, 2013 (“Contest Period”). To enter, fans must complete and submit the online Contest entry form located at http://www.facebook.com/BestWestern. All fields are required. No other method of entry will be accepted.
There is no limit on the number of entries. All entries must be received during the Contest Period. Sponsor’s computer will be the official time keeping device. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your on-line service will apply, and are not the responsibility of Sponsor. All entrants agree that Sponsor may publish or use any photograph, likeness, or biographical or other information submitted by entrant. The first and last name provided by the entrant will be the identity of the entrant and, if selected and qualified for a prize, the identity of the winner. Proof of sending will not be deemed to be proof of receipt. The use of a fake name or e-mail address will disqualify an entrant. Use of agencies or robotic, repetitive, programmed, or similar entry methods is prohibited. All entrants agree to abide by these Official Rules for the Contest, to waive any right to claim ambiguity in this Contest or these Official Rules, and to conform to all federal, state, and local laws. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
3. PRIZES AND SELECTION OF WINNERS: On the Monday following each week in the Contest Period, Michael Waltrip will select his five favorite photos from those submitted during the previous week and provide captions for those photos. At the end of the Contest Period, Michael Waltrip will select his favorite captioned photo, and the entrant who submitted the photo will be the Grand Prize Winner. That one Grand Prize Winner will win a trip for four to either: Phoenix, Arizona, on November 7, 2013 – November 10, 2013, or Dallas, Texas, on November 1, 2013 – November 4, 2013. The prize includes coach airfare for four from an airport near Grand Prize Winner’s residence (as selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion), three nights at a hotel (1 room, 4 person occupancy), four VIP tickets to a race event, and a planned outing with Michael Waltrip. Fair Market Value: USD $3,000.00.
Once travel is booked, travel dates cannot be changed except by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If Grand Prize Winner is unable to travel once the travel dates are booked, the prize will be forfeited in its entirety. Grand Prize Winner is solely responsible for all other expenses not specified herein, including, but not limited to, transportation, meals/beverages, tips, taxes, and hotel incidentals. Grand Prize Winner and guests must travel together on specified itinerary, including same departure date, destination, and return date, or Grand Prize may be forfeited in its entirety. Sponsor is not liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence of missed flights or flight cancellation/delay. Grand Prize Winner and his/her guests are solely responsible for any travel documentation and requirements and determining applicable travel procedures and restrictions. In addition, the Grand Prize Winner may be required to present a valid credit card at the hotel at the time of check-in.
No substitution, cash alternative, or transfer of any prize is permitted, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right, at its discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Winner will be notified by e-mail. If potential winner does not respond to notification within 48 hours, or if any prize or notification is returned as undeliverable, the prize will be forfeited, and an alternate winner will be selected. Potential winners may be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability and publicity (where permitted by law), and return same, fully executed, within five days of date of issuance of prize notification, or the prize will be forfeited, and an alternate winner will be selected. ALL POTENTIAL ELIGIBLE PARTICIPANTS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING. NO INDIVIDUAL SHALL BE THE WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, UNLESS AND UNTIL THE INDIVIDUAL’S ELIGIBILITY AND QUALIFIED ENTRIES HAVE BEEN VERIFIED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE RULES.
4. GENERAL RULES AND DISQUALIFICATION: Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, mutilated, or illegible entries or for entries not received in time for consideration. All random drawing, federal, state, local, municipal, and provincial taxes and any other expenses or incidentals not specified herein are the sole responsibility of the winner. By entering, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its subsidiaries, affiliates, members, divisions, advertising and promotional agencies, wholesalers and retailers, and Michael Waltrip Racing and each of their employees, officers, directors, shareholders, and agents, from and against any and all claims, actions, and/or liability for any injuries or death, loss, or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with participation in and/or entry into the Contest or acceptance or use of any prize, or participation in any Contest-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, and merchandise delivery. Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Contest constitutes winner's consent to Sponsor’s use of winner's name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions, and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration. By participating in this Contest, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor.
Sponsor and any telephone network and service providers are not responsible for any problems of any telephone network or lines, incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information, or for any human error, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures of any telephone network, computer equipment, software, inability to access any Web site or on-line service, or any other error or malfunction of late, lost, illegible, or misdirected entries. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. If Sponsor determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, that there is any suspected or actual electronic tampering with the Contest or if technical difficulties compromise the integrity of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right to void the entries at issue and/or terminate the Contest and award the prizes as of the termination date and such decision shall be final and binding. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole and absolute discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant that tampers with the operation of the Contest or website which violates these Official Rules and such decision shall be final and binding. If due to a printing, production, or other error, more prizes are claimed than are intended to be awarded for any prize level per the above, the intended prizes will be awarded in a random drawing from among all verified and validated prize claims received for that prize level. In no event will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT AN ENTRANT, TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST OR THIS WEB SITE IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
5. WINNERS LIST: For a list of winners, available after September 2, 2013, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Best Western Vacation + 1 Contest, 6201 N. 24th Parkway, Phoenix, AZ 85016.
6. SPONSOR: The Sponsor of this Contest is Best Western International, Inc., 6201 N. 24th Parkway, Phoenix, AZ 85016, United States of America.
Facebook® does not sponsor, endorse, or administer (and is not associated in any way with) this Contest.
Each Best Western® branded hotel is independently owned and operated. Best Western and the Best Western marks are service marks or registered service marks of Best Western International, Inc. ©2013 Best Western International, Inc. All rights reserved.